Here, I am going to tell you about the push-ups for triceps. In this, I also tell you about the muscles which mainly affect by performing the diamond push-ups. And also the procedure to do the diamond push-ups. As we know that there are so many exercises or workouts for triceps and all are good. But you are here to learn how to do diamond push ups for triceps as a beginner. So let’s start:
Procedure to do Diamond Push Ups / How to do Diamond Push Ups
- Firstly, put your palms on the floor and come into the plank position, and keep your hands directly below the shoulders. Also, keep your feet together, and your neck and spine should be neutral and make sure that your back is straight and your core must be tight.
- Secondly, move your palms toward your mid-line, and make the diamond shape with the help of touching your thumb and the index fingers of both hands.
- Go lower down yourself, and make the 45-degree angle with the elbows. And lower yourself down as far as you can go or we can say until your chest reaches the floor.
- And when your chest reaches the floor then push yourself back up to the start. This is the first rep.
If you are a beginner then you can do three sets of this exercise in starting. And there are two patterns to do the sets that are:
- Pattern 1: In the first, second, and third sets, you can do 10, 10, 10 reps in each set.
- Pattern 2: In the first, second, and third sets, you can do 12, 10, 8 reps in each set respectively.
Now it all depends on you or it is your choice in which pattern you want to do the reps.
Muscles which affect by the doing Diamond Push Ups
There are mainly three muscles which are affected by the doing diamond push ups that are the: Anterior deltoid, Pectoralis major, and Triceps brachii.
- Anterior deltoid is the shoulder muscle.
- Pectoralis major is the chest muscle.
- Triceps brachii is the triceps muscle.