Here I am going to tell you about the healthy and balanced diet. To keep a body fit, it’s most important to have a healthy and balanced diet. It doesn’t matter much if you workout or otherwise but your fitness level depends upon your kitchen. Today, I am going to tell you what to eat to be healthy. So here I am going to share with you what to eat to stay healthy. A healthy and balanced diet means that one takes proteins, carbohydrates, fats, vitamins, minerals, dietary fiber in adequate amounts. And today I will tell you all about these one by one.
Protein (Healthy and Balanced Diet Source)
Firstly, let’s talk about proteins. Proteins are the bodybuilding foods. But this doesn’t suggest that if you don’t work out you need not have proteins. And one thing which first comes to mind is how much protein our body wants. Friends, it’s very simple. Minimum protein intake daily should be 1g/kg (approx.) body weight. Let me now tell you the protein sources that you can consume. If you are non-vegetarian then you can eat these protein sources:
- You can eat 1-2 whole eggs every day, rest egg whites.
- You can eat 150 grams of chicken breast almost every day.
- Next one is fish. Weekly, you can eat fish 1-2 times.
Now let’s talk about the vegetarian protein sources. If you are vegetarian then you can eat these protein sources:
- You can eat tofu, beans and lentils.
- You can eat yogurt, milk, cheese.
- You can eat nuts, whole grains, etc. These consuming proteins as well as fats also.
Soya is a very rich source of protein and the best one for the healthy diet. Perhaps, eating soy mimics the activity of hormone estrogen in males. This is, however, a debatable issue. I have read many articles about this. Some studies suggest it, others are against this notion. I eat soy chunks once a week. There are so many protein sources. Why just depend on soy? On the other hand, vegetarian protein sources are incomplete sources of protein (Quinoa is an exception). This is why it is recommended to keep varying your vegetarian protein sources. In protein sources, these are the good ones for a healthy and balanced diet. So eat these vegetarian and non-vegetarian protein sources.
- Firstly, the natural oats which are the good source for the healthy diet. Whenever you prepare oats, if you want then you can add a fruit to it for the flavor.
- Whole wheat porridge. You can prepare this yourself at the flour mill. It is really good. I don’t prefer brown bread because if you check its ingredients, refined flour is mixed into it. I prefer multi-grain bread.
- Next is sweet potato.
Dried Fruits (Healthy Diet Fats)
- Foremost, the Nuts. Walnuts, Almonds, Cashews, Peanuts. Actually, good fat cuts bad fat. These are the best healthy diet fat sources.
- Another very healthy diet fat source is Peanut Butter. You can also make it at home. If you want to check out the recipe. You can check by clicking here how to make Home-made peanut butter. You can make it yourself.
- Next one for the healthy diet fat source is olive oil. This is extra virgin olive oil. I do not use any oil for cooking. This is for topping. Also, you can eat avocados. These are not easily available in India but whenever they are, you can get them. It is an excellent source of healthy diet fats.
Vitamins and Minerals
- You can eat steamed or boiled vegetables.
- You can regularly eat Carrots.
- You can eat broccoli. Broccoli and chicken make a very good combination.
- You can eat French Beans, Spinach.
- You can add vegetables also to your diet. Try to avoid tempering them too much.
- Also, you can eat Gooseberry
- You can eat flax seeds
- You can add them to oats
- You can add them to shakes, etc.
- Also, you can use dates. I suggest you regularly eat 5-6 dates. Not only it has fiber but it has many other health benefits.
- Also, you can eat Cucumber, Beetroots.
- You can eat red cabbage.