Here, I am going to tell you about the handstand push ups. In this, I also tell you about the procedure to do the handstand push ups. And also I will tell you which muscles are affected by doing the One hand push ups and the benefits to do the one hand push ups. As we know that there are so many exercises or workouts which we can do as in the place of the one hand push ups and all those exercises or workouts are good. But you are here to learn how to do the one hand push ups as a beginner. So let’s start:
Procedure to do One Hand Push ups / How to do One Hand Push ups
- Firstly, put your palms on the floor, and get into the normal push up position. After getting into the normal push up position, take your one hand behind your back and also spread your feet wide apart. And also you can use the table, bench, wall, or step so that it makes it a lot easier for you to do the one hand push up.
- Secondly, tense your entire body and hold your free hand which you put behind your back, tight that hand against your lower back.
- Now, slowly go lower down your body until your chest nearly touches, after that get back into the starting position. This is the one rep.
- And after doing this do the same thing from the other side means from the other hand.
If you are a beginner then you can do three sets of this exercise in starting. And there are two patterns to do the sets that are:
- Pattern 1: In the first, second, and third sets, you can do 10, 10, 10 reps in each set.
- Pattern 2: In the first, second, and third sets, you can do 12, 10, 8 reps in each set respectively.
Now it all depends on you or it is your choice in which pattern you want to do the reps.
As a beginner, this is not compulsory to do or follow the same pattern of the reps. Because the one hand push ups are hard to do, so I suggest that it depends on you, how much reps you can do. Whether the reps are 4 or 5. Practice the one hand push ups to do daily, so within a week you can do the one hand push ups in very good form. And also warm up your body before doing the one hand push ups to save yourself from any kind of injury. In warm up you can do jumping and stretching.
How To Take Breath While Doing Push Ups
- Breath in when you are going towards ground or while going downwards.
- Exhale when you are coming back to the initial position or while going upwards.
Benefits of doing the One Hand Push Ups
There are so many benefits of doing one hand push ups. And the main/important benefits from them are:
- By doing the one hand push ups it improves the strength.
- It helps to build stronger arms, chest and shoulders.
- It improves your posture.
- And mainly the benefit of doing one hand push ups is on those parts or muscles which are affected by doing these push ups.
Muscles which affect by the doing One Hand Push ups
The muscles which are affected by doing the one hand push ups are those which are involved in the standard push ups. They work the chest, shoulders, triceps, abs, and to a lesser extent, trapezius, rhomboids, teres major/minor, and infraspinatus.