Here, I am going to tell you about the push ups for the shoulder and this push ups also called a pike push ups. In this, I also tell you about the procedure to do this type of push ups. And also I will tell you which muscles are affected by doing the pike push ups.
As we know that there are so many exercises or workouts for the shoulder and all are good. But you are here to learn how to do push ups for the shoulders as a beginner.
So let’s start:
Procedure to do Shoulder Push ups / How to do Shoulder Push ups
- Firstly, put your palms on the floor and come into the standard push ups position on the floor or we can say get into the normal push ups position on the floor. That normal/standard position is, keep your arms straight and hands shoulder-width apart.
- Secondly, move your hips up and make a V-shape form with your body which is similar to the dog yoga position by facing downward. Or we can say that make the triangle shape with your body. And also, keep your arms and the legs straight in this position as possible.
- After making the V-shape properly, then bend your elbows and slowly lower your upper body towards the floor. And go downward as possible to the close to the ground.
- Take a short pause, and then push yourself back up. Stop once your arms are straight. This is the first rep.
If you are a beginner then you can do three sets of this exercise in starting. And there are two patterns to do the sets that are:
- Pattern 1: In the first, second, and third sets, you can do 10, 10, 10 reps in each set.
- Pattern 2: In the first, second, and third sets, you can do 12, 10, 8 reps in each set respectively.
Now it all depends on you or it is your choice in which pattern you want to do the reps.
How To Take Breath While Doing Push Ups
- Breath in when you are going towards ground or while going downwards.
- Exhale when you are coming back to the initial position or while going upwards.
Benefits of doing the Pike Push Ups
There are so many benefits of doing push ups. And the main/important benefits from them are:
- By doing the pike push ups it improves the strength.
- It improves your posture.
- And mainly the benefit of pike push ups is on those parts or muscles which are affected by doing the push ups.
Muscles which affect by the doing Shoulder Push ups/Pike Push ups
The pike push ups is very good for any beginner. With the help of the pike push ups, anybody can target its shoulders only with the help of their body weight.
The muscles which are mainly affected by doing the pike push ups are the:
- Serratus anterior
- Upper back