Here, I am going to tell you about the push ups for the chest or we can also say to these push ups the wide arm push ups. In this, I also tell you about the procedure to do this type of push up.
As we know that there are so many exercises or workouts for the chest and all are good. But you are here to learn how to do push ups for the chest as a beginner.
So let’s start:
Procedure to do Chest Push Ups / How to do Chest Push Ups
- Firstly, put your palms on the floor, and keep your hands set up wider than your shoulders. And also, keep your feet together, and your neck and spine should be neutral and make sure that your back is straight and your core must be tight.
- Secondly, bend lower your body at the elbows towards the floor. And keep your shoulders and head move forwards of your hands as you get closer to the floor. While going down your chest in between your hands, use your full range of motion.
- After that push your body upwards and come back in your starting position. This is the first rep.
If you are a beginner then you can do three sets of this exercise in starting. And there are two patterns to do the sets that are:
- Pattern 1: In the first, second, and third sets, you can do 10, 10, 10 reps in each set.
- Pattern 2: In the first, second, and third sets, you can do 12, 10, 8 reps in each set respectively.
Now it all depends on you or it is your choice in which pattern you want to do the reps.
Another common mistake is to lower down without moving your head and shoulders forward of your hands, such that your head lowers down in between your hands. This means you won’t recruit your pecs as much as we want you to and instead, you will overuse and upset muscles around your neck and shoulders.
How to make Wide arm Push Ups easier
If you want to make wide arm push ups easier to do, then there is one thing that you can do. And that thing is put your knees on the floor and rotate from your knees rather than your feet.
How to make Wide arm Push Ups more challenging
If you want to make wide arm push ups more challenging to do, then there is one thing that you can do. And that thing is put your feet up from the floor like you can put your feet on the table. And also you can put your feet on the staircase.
Muscles which affect by the doing Wide arm Push Ups
There are mainly three muscles which are affected by the doing wide arm push ups that are the: pectoralis, anterior deltoid, upper arms. Majorly in between these three muscles pectoralis is more affected by these push ups.
- Pectoralis is the chest muscle
- Anterior deltoid is the shoulder muscle.
- In upper arms the muscle which comes is the triceps.